This week I wanted to discuss challenges and obstacles that we face as women. We are tasked with facing challenges and overcoming obstacles. Based on our daily day to day, it may seem hard to survive them. Personality wise, many women may avoid them, struggle with these obstacles, or collapse from exhaustion when dealing with them. Although it is easy to get overwhelmed or discouraged by our challenges, it is important that we face them and effectively resolve them!
Challenges change us…..that’s the nail on the head! Without conflicts in life, we cannot grow. Just imagine if everything in your life was rosy and perfect. What kind of reality is that? As crazy as it sounds, conflicts provide the opportunity for us to become more organized, develop critical thinking skills, self-discipline, ethics, and leadership abilities.
Facing our issues head on is immensely a task within itself. Often our problems have become so over bearing that we start to lose motivation and inspiration. It is at this point that we must practice effective skills to succeed and overcome these obstacles. You have the capability to overcome and develop resilience when it comes to facing your challenges. The following are ways to evaluate yourself and meet your challenges on a daily basis:
Ways to Face Yourself & Challenges
- Be Aware – Be aware of your feelings, thoughts, and motivations. If you are feeling despair, you are already predestined to have a horrible day. Try to focus on positive aspects of your life and know that it is “OK” to feel a certain way. By being aware, you will find that when challenges arise, you are more adept to dealing with them.
- Ask Yourself – Is this really an obstacle? How can I address this conflict? What is the best way to effectively resolve this challenge? What am I afraid of and what are my hold backs? What do I anticipate will happen if I avoid this challenge?
In facing our challenges, we also face ourselves. It is fine to go to others for advice and suggestions but we must ultimately look to ourselves for solutions first and foremost. Only you have the capability of deciding what is best for you. So yes, access other resources and ask questions but rely on your perspective always. Have confidence within yourself; you can make the right decisions.
Facing Yourself Statements
The following are 10 statements that I often say to myself. I have found that they encourage me when facing challenges and facing myself. Feel free to write any or ALL of these down and use them as a practice before you start your day:
- “I am capable.”
- ” I am resilient.”
- ” I have faced challenges and obstacles.”
- “I have overcome and defeated those challenges.”
- “I am powerful.”
- “I am a child of God.”
- ” I have immense talents & abilities!”
- ” I believe in me.”
- ” I am ok with myself.”
- “I am calm and in control.”
Adjust your focus ladies and concentrate on the present. Do not worry about the outcome. We all make mistakes; the process is to accept that we will make mistakes and learn from those challenges. Take charge of yourself and effectively obliterate what could hinder you.